nouveau: 2014


Happy 2014!

Here's to another year of blogging and, of course, a necessary facelift, Photoshop/HTML style.

What I love about the new year is the fact that you truly have an excuse to start over. Perhaps you've admitted to a few faults in the past twelve months... par example: infrequent postings, lazily-written content, poor quality photos, sponsorship overdoses, unnecessary blog comparisons... I've (unfortunately) done it all. The best part is that you are encouraged to abandon all of these defects and instead focus on creating a new facade. After all, why waste thoughts on lamenting the negativities of your blogging career when it is already in the past? Time is a precious currency and you must learn to spend it wisely (though, money, on the other hand, is quite a different tale...)

Every January, I feel obligated to compose a list of "resolutions" for my blog. Though 90% of the time these seemingly fruitful ideas do not even see the light of day, I am determined to change my ill-fated resolutions into the reality.

But first: an appetizer of inspiring visuals to ring in the new year.


⎯⎯ My 2014 Blog Resolutions ⎯⎯

1. B L O G  M O R E - Enough said
2. O U T F I T  P O S T S - Concentrate on offering high-quality outfit posts (minus the awkward posing)
3. V A R I E T Y - Offer style guides/quizzes, reviews, hauls, travel diaries, and the like
4. C O M M U N I C A T E - Reach out to fellow bloggers more frequently
5. P R O F E S S I O N A L I Z E - But not without losing my touch

What are your resolutions for the new year? :-)

PS: How flawless are the Olsens? Even on Full House, they were adorable!

See you all again in my next post! 

Comments

  1. Great blogging resolutions, mine are quite similar. Olsen twins.. i'm not even sure if perfect could describe them! Hope 2014 brings you lots of happiness and great opportunities.
    www.kierramakayla.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated new year haha, these photos are amazing, good luck with achieve your resolutions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. Haha I'm also planning on blogging more this year, I hardly put up any posts last year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. Haha I'm also planning on blogging more this year, I hardly put up any posts last year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie, thanks for following!
    I'm following you now!
    Lovely blog, and I wish you a happy new year! ♥
    Kisses.

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    danielal
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great resolutions! We too have find it a struggle at times to keep up the blogging while at uni. But we're hoping that we can be a little bit more organised in preparing our posts this year. All the best for 2014, and here's to another successful year of blogging!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great resolutions. One of my resolutions is also focused on blogging (frequently, better quality etc.). I hope all of yours come true.
    Thanks for your visit. I follow back via gfc #719. Keep in touch. xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog <3

    I have followed you :)

    www.keeping-up-with-katie.blogspot.com

    Katie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello darling, i have just discovered you blog, would u like to follow each other on gfc and facebook??? I always follow back, xoxo
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  11. a wonderful post <3
    following you via gfc and bloglovin, too!
    happy weekend sweety!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah these are excellent visuals - so inspiring! I loved this post, hope you have a really amazing 2014 doll! :)X

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New year girl!

    I feel you on the resolutions that never see the light of day - love the change and the great "light" in all of your inspiration pictures.

    xo
    thedeathlyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
    i think we should follow each other on GFC, maybe on social media also, just follow me and let me know, so i can follow right back!
    Kisses, Ana Correia
    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice*
    Maybe we follow each other !?
    Let me know if you follow me & i´ll follow back :)

    Greetings <3
    pequenaflordemaracuja.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great resolutions Kelsey, I loved reading these!

    ♡ veena | seveninchstilettos.com
    twitter/instagram: @veenamccoole

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow - great inspirations !!! :) love those photos.

    wanna invite u to my blog presentation. would like to see u soon :)

    greetings Lorá
    visit Papperlapapp

    ReplyDelete
  18. very inspirational tips
    =)
    new post: http://tupersonalshopperviajero.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/my-new-oasap-dress.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment